Coeur d'Alene Honda is a proud participant in the Honda Green Dealer Program
We’re committed to a cleaner, greener future. With support from Honda’s Environmental Leadership Program, we’re making changes across our business that reduce our impact on the planet.
We’re working to reduce our energy usage, manage water better, and upgrade our operations and facilities to be more sustainable.
Together with hundreds of dealers across the country, everything we do contributes to helping Honda achieve carbon neutrality for all products and corporate activities by 2050.
We’ve earned the Honda Green Dealer Award
We’re proud to have earned the Honda Green Dealer Award! It’s a distinction that recognizes our significant and ongoing commitment to reduce energy use throughout our dealership.
Just like our dedication to customer satisfaction, we’re excited to go above and beyond for the environment. By consuming less power from our electric utility, we help reduce some of the emissions created through production, generation and transmission.
Water Conservation Badge Recipient
Saving water matters to the environment, so it matters to us. We received the Water Conservation Badge by significantly reducing our use of water. We’re tracking how much water we use, and have implemented low-flow/low-flush fixtures. Other ways to control dealership water use include upgrading landscaping with smart irrigation technologies, and using reclaimed water. In the big picture, using less water also uses less energy to produce and transport it to our business.
Site Updates Badge Recipient
Throughout our facility we’re implementing many best practices that contribute to a healthier, more sustainable environment. The Site Updates Badge recognizes our investment for the planet. Some green improvements to earn this badge include:
- Working to recycle all waste
- Landscaping with native vegetation that use less water
- Using light-colored hardscape to help reduce ground-level temperatures
- Reducing stormwater runoff
- Cool, white roofs on buildings
- Vegetated roofs for insulating, controlling storm water, and providing extra habitat
- Providing electric charging stations to offer a convenient option for our EV customers, while supporting the growing transition to cleaner, healthier transportation.